Commercial & International
36 Commercial / International offers comprehensive Arbitration, Mediation and other forms of Dispute Resolution.
We are able to draw upon the wealth of experience and expertise of our barristers as commercial arbitrators, mediators, neutral evaluators, and as Counsel in Commercial Arbitration and meditation.
Why 36 ADR for Mediation?
- Accreditation Our mediators have been trained and accredited by internationally recognised alternative dispute resolution institutions such as the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), the London School of Mediation (LMS) and ADR Chambers (UK) Ltd.
- Specialists You can select our mediators by area of legal expertise and/or experience. All our mediators are professional lawyers with considerable specialist experience in various fields.
- Judicial experience Some of our mediators also sit as judges (part-time) in the Courts of England and Wales.
- Mediation We can provide assistance by identifying (upon request) the best mediator(s) for your dispute. Our mediators provide:
- Bespoke Mediation Rules
- Draft Mediation Agreements
- Pre-mediation conference calls with the parties or their representatives separately (or together should the parties so wish)
- Mediations of such length as the parties wish
- Should the parties so wish, further meetings and/or communications with the parties separately or together, where the initial mediation does not result in settlement
- Facilities and staff support First class mediation facilities are available with friendly support staff at an outstanding location in Gray’s Inn, London, which has pleasant views overlooking historic gardens.
Early Neutral / Expert EvaluationWe can provide an early written assessment of some or all of the issues in dispute. This can occur where the parties wish to have the views of an agreed, appropriate independent person. In some cases, early neutral evaluation may be the most cost-effective and time-efficient option.
ConciliationOur mediators may also be asked to act as Conciliators. As such, they would facilitate discussion between the parties, or propose a decision if the parties cannot reach one by themselves. Such proposed decisions, might or might not be binding depending on what the parties agree.
Areas of expertise
The following members of the 36 Stone team are arbitrator panel members or on the arbitrator data base of the following institutions:
AIAC: Mary Thomson
BALTIC EXCHANGE: Elizabeth Blackburn QC, Charles Debattista
BANI: Colin Ong QC
BVI IAC: Elizabeth Blackburn QC
CIETAC: Mary Thomson
CAA: Mary Thomson
DIAC: Mary Thomson
HKIAC: Elizabeth Blackburn QC; Colin Ong QC, Charles Debattista; Mary Thomson
KoreaCAB: Mary Thomson
KLRCA: Elizabeth Blackburn QC, Mary Thomson
LCIA: Elizabeth Blackburn QC, Vasanti Selvaratnam QC, Mary Thomson, Charles Debattista
LMAA: Supporting Members: Elizabeth Blackburn QC, Vasanti Selvaratnam QC, Charles Debattista, Mary Thomson, Colin Wright, Mark Jones and Ravi Aswani
LOF: Elizabeth Blackburn QC, Vasanti Selvaratnam QC
Pacific IAC: Elizabeth Blackburn QC
SCMA: Elizabeth Blackburn QC, Colin Ong QC, Charles Debattista, Mary Thomson
SHIAC: Elizabeth Blackburn QC, Charles Debattista, Mary Thomson
SIAC: Elizabeth Blackburn QC, Mary Thomson
The barristers at 36 Stone also have considerable experience of acting as Counsel in both ad hoc and institutional arbitrations and mediations. Vasanti Selvaratnam QC and Ravi Aswani are recommended for International Arbitration by Chambers and Partners UK Bar and the Legal 500.